Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Dr. King!

Today, it's mediation on civil rights and the Hindu take on Liberation. We are going to do our best to make it down to the march on Woodward around noon. It's a cold day, but we're young and can handle it.

Well, the intention to write more here has begun to take root. I've got to finish up on the standard weekly posting of our menu and then get the new Evolve Detroit! out.

We've been listening to the new Mountain Goats, Mum, and we finally found our way to the latest LCD Soundsystem. I know, I know, but we're really slammed and keeping up with new music isn't always a priority.

My friend Taya is in Mysore this month, going through the same acclimation process that I went through 2 years ago. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but with all the changes I've been through since my return it seems like a dream or another life. India, and Burning Man, we're two aspects of my life that assisted my transition to whoever it is I am today. Regardless, I look forward to reading Taya's blog and returning to the home of my dreams vicariously.

2 comments:

Jay R. Wren said...

Has Mum put something new out? I only have "finally we are..."

Gregg Newsom said...

The new Mum is called "go go smear on the poison ivy" and though it is good it doesn't have the same depth as "finally." Of course, I've only put it through the noggin a couple of times. Of course, there is the track, "the made frogs smoke 'til they exploded." Which is has got to be a reference to Reflecting Skin, one of my favorite movies of all time!