Monday, July 25, 2005

Mysore Certainty

On Friday, Liz and I purchased our flights to Mysore! I'm very happy and feeling a bit more settled now that it is a certainty. We'll be there for the entire month of January, which is not as long as I'd like, but with everything going on here it is the best I can do. Of course, with Mysore on the horizon I want to be a bit more diligent about my practice so that I can get the most out of my time there. I've kept up my daily practice, but I have not been focusing on progressing beyond Bhujapidasana. I'm not going to turn on the ambition too hard, but I am going to begin spending some extra time on asana that talk to me more than others.

Yesterday's practice (#1) was quite nice though I didn't get much sleep. My friends John and Mira we're wedded Saturday and I was a part of the ceremony and stayed late to clean up after the reception. I worked up a great sweat and was able to work into Urdhva Padmasana without grimacing. The knee is still sensitive but it is coming around. Yesterday afternoon we went to Heather and Matthew's baby shower and had a nice time. We went swimming in the pool and I attempted to play volleyball but simply ended up taking in a ton of water and hitting the ball out of bounds. Good times though and good to meet with people outside of our morning practice.

Today's practice (#2) was rough to get up for. The temperature here has been bearable but last night it just stayed hot and was VERY humid. Sleep was rough due to the slight burn I picked up at in the pool and when the alarm went off I was tempted to roll back over. I made it up though and felt pretty good once I hit my Surya Namaskaras. I managed to bind Marichyasana D on my right side for the first time since the knee injury. My form was rough, but I got the bind and took five breaths before coming out.

We're on our way.

No comments: