Thursday, July 07, 2005

it's been a long time...

I've been so busy of late it's been hard to keep up with this blog. Well, that and I've been attempting to relax into myself a bit and explore flexibility of thought. My anal retentive nature makes it possible for me to obsess many aspects of my life and this has even taken hold of my practice documentation. But I'm here now so I might as well get some info down.

My practice has been daily save last Thursday. As my last entry "Crack" described, I injured my right knee and decided to take Thursday off. I practiced lightly until Monday when I took on my full load again. I'm still not able to forward fold in Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana and have to modify any half lotus type knee bends, but I'm practicing nonetheless and it seems to be getting better everyday.

I've also been working closely with Liz for the past week. She has really changed my perspective on teaching and on yoga as a whole. Tuesday, I got a small group of friends together and took them through an hour session and tonight I'm going to go through another session for my classmates at school. I've had nothing but positive feedback so far and it feels good to be talking yoga. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to verbalize the concepts that run through my head as I work through an asana but it appears that I can. Practice practice practice.

I am also quite thrilled that Liz and I will be traveling to Mysore together in the fall. I've been putting the final touches on the airfare and we should be purchasing the tickets soon. Once that is done everything changes as I will probably let loose the shackles of my current job to be able to go to India. It's a bit scary, but I've been at this desk for five years and it is time for a change.

What a life changer this is going to be!

No comments: