Thursday, June 30, 2005

CRACK! went my knee

Well, I really did it this time! Hubris strikes again. As mentioned yesterday, I was overly excited about crossing my legs into full lotus unassisted (look ma no hands!) for Urdhva Padmasana. In practice yesterday I went to do just that and there was a huge Crack! It was so loud that Jeannine heard it on her mat next to me. I finished out practice and it didn't seem too painful. I iced it for about 15 minutes after class and then let it be. But after going to Liz' studio to "observe" last night it started to talk to me. I iced it a few more times to try and keep the swelling down.

I woke this morning to the 5 AM practice alarm, tried to stretch it out a bit and then thought about the primary and just how far I could get before the knee would get in my way. I envisioned Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana, shook my head, and crawled back into bed. I'll do a light practice before class this evening. I'm hoping I simply pulled something and it will be OK. I've been told that muscles POP! and what I heard was definitely a CRACK! so I am a bit concerned. Damn... maybe I should head down to the Corporate Doc's Office and have him take a look. I'm probably over reacting, but I don't want to set my practice back any more than I already have with my recent knee surgery. (Yes, same knee BTW!)

Drat!

No comments: