Tuesday, July 26, 2005

better sleep better practice

Well, last night J9 and I broke down and purchased and installed an air conditioner. The humidity here has been horrible and has made it nearly impossible to sleep. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked last night as we were working on the installation until late. The sleep I did get before the alarm went of at 5 AM was good sleep though.

(#3) I hit the mat at 5:30 and felt pretty good. My sinuses are giving me grief until I'm through a few Surya Namaskara Bs though. I must sound like I'm dying to everyone else in the room. Weeze, Weeze, Weeze. The Bs tend to clear out my sinuses and I'm good with my breath after that. Matthew astute me with Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana and getting the foot on the floor to screw into the ground from the hip. I went to my Bhujapidasana attempt and then moved to closing. I'm having a problem with my shoulders and chest collapsing. This causes my arms to crumble underneath me. I need to work on my upper body strength.

Next week I am going to change my schedule around so that I arrive at the loft at 6 with everyone else. My intention is to work closely with Matthew on the standing sequence. I need to clean up my asana, particularly Parivritta Parsvakonasana. I think that getting these down properly will assist with moving forward in the series.

Tommorrow it'll be 30 days until I leave for Burning Man! I'm going to work my ass off during those 30 days and try and get my body straightened out a bit more. I've done well with the drink and smokes but I am harboring the roots of those problems in my eating habits now. I figure a solid month of vigilance will pay off on the playa.

No comments: