Thursday, June 09, 2005

Blissed Out Practice

Well, whatever was under my skin yesterday was nowhere to be found today. I guess I just had to get some crap out of my system. From the moment I hit my mat until I left the loft I was pretty blissed-out. The loft was perfectly heated and I found the humidity quite beneficial. I noticed Abby was there before the chant and she always brings a smile to my face. She was my teacher as my yoga was blossoming into what it is today and was a very positive influence right when I needed it. Of course, all this bliss and these warm fuzzies should not give the impression practice wasn’t challenging.

My Parivritta Parsvakonasana is beginning to stick out like a sore thumb. I actually fell out of the left side today! I think I have the twist coming from the proper location in the low spine, but the problem seems to be with the upper body and the shoulder. Great! More shoulder issues! :) Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana has been giving me a bit of grief as well, particularly on the right side when going from A to B. I seem to be collapsing and loosing my bandhas on this side for some reason. I have been rooting to the ground really well lately though so I am going to focus on the core strength and bandhas with this one. On a very positive note, my hands are moving back and I’m getting a much more substantial fold in Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana! This has bothered me for a while because I had great form in this asana before my surgery. Look’s like one part of my practice is returning to normal! I also got my chin to my knee on both sides of Marichyasana A. I stopped at Navasana again today. My boat was a little weak but I did get one proper bump up in.

Matthew and I spoke briefly about Mysore travel plans. He gave me some advice on airfare and reminded me that the shala typically closes for a few weeks in December. I need to keep that in mind while I am planning.

The next four days should be a test of my discipline. I am driving, with my wife and in-laws, to a small town in Minnesota for a wedding. Sounds like fun, eh? Really it shouldn’t be too bad as I enjoy the company of my in-laws quite a bit, but I’m not sure when I am going to fit practice in. I’m just going to throw my mat in the back of the car and play it by ear.

BTW: Trader Joe’s Organic Banana Chips are the best!

on iTunes: M83 - Can't Stop

No comments: