Monday, May 30, 2005

My First Late Practice

Ashtanga 33

Well, a rough day for practice. I woke up at 7 at the cottage to let the dogs out. I rolled out my mat and then brought the dogs back in, somehow managing to find my way back up to bed for a while. When Jeannine and I woke I decided that I would practice later, before we left, and proceeded to make breakfast.

We went down to the beach and played with the dogs for a while. I thought I would practice on our return but instead set up the massage table and gave Jeannine a good hour plus massage. She really needed it as its been a while.

By the time we were done with that it was time to begin packing up, doing laundry and general clean up. We rolled out of Caseville around 5 PM and arrived back at the house around 8! All the while I was thinking that this was going to be the first time I missed practice in soooo long. But, I unloaded the car and got my priorities straight.

I rolled out my mat around 8:30 and practiced for about an hour. I simply did 5 each of the Suryas (enough to heat up quite a bit) and then sent straight into the finishing. I didn't do Sirsasana as I was concerned about the space I was in. I was right next to our fish tank and would have taken it out if my balance was off. (Everything else seemed to be off, hence my concern.)

It was a rough one, but I made it to my mat. Yoga in the evening is quite different. I was feeling everything I had eaten throughout the day and actually seemed to have too much energy and focus. I had a hard time calming down my mind and simply focusing on breath. I was much more analytical than usual as well. The mind was already wide awake as opposed to morning practice when it's just not sure what is going on yet. I thought that I would have a hard time sleeping so I curled up and watched a program on the Knights Templar for a while. That must have done the trick as I fell straight off to sleep.

No comments: