Monday, November 27, 2006

Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos

This parade was the grand marshal of the best long weekend of my life. The Lab is a block away from the parade route, so why not, right? The weather was incredible! I got all dolled up and headed out to see if I could find the Burning Man vibe in the hearts and minds of Detroiters. I walked through the crowd screaming that I didn't get the memo about the ladders and asking everyone if they brought scissors to emancipate the poor balloons. I explained that if thirty of us bum-rush the balloon handlers we could make it happen and solicited pledges from folks that they would certainly bring scissors next year. Everyone loved the fact that I kept asking if that was Kwame dressed as a wrestler riding the back of Clifford the Big Red Dog! We were so done up the police let us cross the line and become a part of the parade for a while. Speaking of the police, not to mention all the parade workers, I walked up to everyone of them I saw and personally thanked them for helping to make all these people happy. As I approached in my long black dress, fur vest and cowboy hat they'd look a bit concerned but my gratitude won them over and they were all smiles by the time I walked away. I seriously can't want for next years parade. Bring your scissors folks, even though it's a parade there's still a revolution going down!

Here are just a few of the photos taken:














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! YAAAY for the Engineering of Joy!!!!!

mira*

Anonymous said...

Great pics....glad to see and here such good news!!! whooo hoo 2 the engineering of Joy!!!!!

mira*