Friday, May 26, 2006

More Lips: Commencement Speech

People often ask me why I still rant and rave about The Flaming Lips now that they've become "just another mainstream band". The video below kinda sums it all up. I appreciate the particular galaxy Wayne comes from. Thanks to Chrononaut who sent this my way: "Wayne was asked to give the commencement speech at his old high school... keep in mind it's a Magnet School (think Fame) filled with artists." This is Part 1, you'll have to hit youTube for Part 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally just checked this out...boy oh boy, it's a side splitting laugh riot!

I genuinely appreciate graduating from art school in Canada. Instead of working at Long John Silvers, Canada offered me a luxurious career move, as a waitress at Bahama Mama's a swanky Coors lite sports bar. Good times.

The funniest well.. There were many ... to name one was when my craftily covered waist length purple dreadlocks not only fell out of there tightly drawn head wrap but managed to snake it's way into a tray of daiquiris I was serving. Somehow I didn't get a big tip for the free entertainment... I guess not everyone's a fan of hair in food or beverages... who knew!?!?
:)
Thanks for sharing!
M*