Friday, June 24, 2005

Ashtanga in a busy time

Damn it's been tight around here lately. My practice yesterday was squeezed in an hour between work and school. I worked through Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana and then did closing. I did this back behind my school and had a few spectators who can and sat at the picnic table near me. Didn't bother me too much, but I was more self conscious than I prefer. I was on the not very even grass and that messed with me as well, but at least I made it to the mat, worked up some heat, and got an hour of breath work in.

Today I decided to stay home as Jeannine was sick again and I didn't want her to wake up alone. So instead of the loft I went to the 11 AM corporate yoga hour. Liz asked what we wanted to do and I jokingly said Ashtanga and to my surprise everyone got enthusiastic about it! So we did an hour short form Ashtanga. I'm not a big fan of going beyond my "stopping point" but on occasion it is fun to play with Supta Kurmasana and Baddha Konasana.

I'll gladly take tomorrow off. I've a ton of school work to catch up on. My basic, therapeutic and the national certification exams are coming. Time to buckle down.

Bought my Burning Man tickets and all the required travel / logistical BS yesterday. Though I said I wasn't going this year I just can't seem to get the playa out of my system.

No comments: