Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Recovering from NY (a little)

Ashtanga 29

Though my sinuses are still giving me grief I felt much better about practice today. I hit my mat at 5:40 and took my time with each asana. The connection to my breath is still hard to keep up with the sinuses draining constantly, but I worked my way through it. My right knee was giving me a bit more trouble than usual, particularly in Ardha Baddha Padmottasana and the Janus and Marichys. I had a hard time with the bind in Marichyasana D on the left side. Matthew assisted me with my two attempts at Bhajapidasana. As I bring my head forward one of my feet hits the ground and either takes the weight or throws me off balance. I also need to be aware of my hands and that the weight is evenly distributed across the palm. I have a tendency to begin to cup my hands when weight is placed on them. I will do my best to pay attention to my hands through the rest of the practice and attempt to keep them flat.

At least I have a stopping point that I can live with. I can see a few months between Bhajapidasana and Baddha Konasana. I am very content with that.

No comments: