Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Guruji Withdrawal

Ashtanga 28

I am really having a hard time finding a post NY groove. I really opened up to the energy of NY and the 300+ at the Puck and now self practice is feeling a little bleak. I can feel it coming around again. Come quickly...

I made it to my mat around 5:40. I was running a bit late as J9 got back in from FLA last night and I had a hard time pulling myself out of bed. In the midst of my second Surya B, T walked in with pictures from NY. So I stopped and went into the lobby to look at them. A few of them turned out really well, which is great because the ones taken with my disposable camera were way too dark. She said she’d get me a set so I’ll post a few of them here soon.

I made my way back to my mat and managed to get through Parivritta Parsvakonasana before chant. Matthew assisted in Prasarita Padottanasana C, getting my head to the mat. He also mentioned that I should angle my foot in Virabhadrasana A. (I think it should be straight in B.)

As I was going into Ardha Baddha Padma Paschimottanasana Abby walked in. It was so great to see her! I welcomed her home and we shared a hug. She is just returning from a month long Jivamukti Teacher Training and I’m very excited for her. I don’t know how my schedule is going to work out but I would like to take a class with her once in a while. (Abby was the first teacher I encountered who carried the spiritual and philosophical aspects of yoga on her sleeve. Practicing with her changed my take on yoga and opened up the doors to my current discipline and dedication.)

My practice seemed to take forever again, with the Janus and the Marichys seeming to take an eternity. I did five Navasana and then started looking around for Matthew to see if he was available to assist with Bhujapidasana, but he was working with someone. So I tried it again, getting a little more of a bend than I have before. But as I roll forward my feet end up touching the mat and throwing off my balance. I’m just not sure how to get into this one.

I did my best and then moved to my finishing. I didn’t spend as much time with finishing as I’d like to but the clock was pointing me out the door and off to work.

No comments: