Friday, May 13, 2005

Ashtanga 20 - Led Primary

Last thing I did as I walked out the door of my office was to email my boss and tell him I was going to be in about a half an hour late. This took a bit of the pressure off and I was able to focus on practice without looking at the clock. Amazingly, this seemed to make the practice fly by! The Janus weren't even blips on the screen and usually they're huge obstacles getting in the way of my working on the Marichys.

OK, so I was a bit ambitious, I'l admit it. I managed to get into Kurmasana (but blew the vinyasa) and then kept right on going, with the assistance of Matthew, through Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana. Matthew cut me off as I began to move into Setu Bandhasana and I then went into finishing. I should have written down my notes a bit earlier in the day so this had a bit more clarity. Garbha Pindasana was almost there with my fingers resting on my cheeks. The rolls back and forth were poorly done. Matthew assisted to get me straight again. I did actually roll up to Kukkutasana and managed to stay there for the count. Baddha Konasana (I think its C - where you place your forehead in your cupped feet) was tight as well. Upavisha Konasana was OK, though I did loose grip on one of the hands coming up to the balancing point. I managed to keep my hip and leg down on the second side of Supta Padangusthasana after Matthew assisted with the first side. Ubhaya Padnagusthasana and Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana both need work as I had a horrible time trying to get to the balancing point.

Now, that is almost the entire primary and I feel a bit better about NY now. I will go as far as they let me with modifications and take it from there. I am very excited. I pack this evening and leaver tomorrow at 2 PM. I'm not sure if I'll find online access but if I do I'll be posting my experience here. I'm going to miss J9, the puppies and kitties very much!

Alright, next stop NY and Pattabhi Jois.

No comments: