Monday, May 09, 2005

Ashtanga 16

Sixteen days of daily Mysore practice! I'm using the 40 day technology on developing my daily yoga practice and it is going very well.

http://www.3ho.org/lifestyle/yogameditation.html

In this I have, of course, been skipping practice on Saturdays and Moon Days. This past weekend found us with a Saturday and Moon Day together in a row, again! I did a ton of other work around the house so I wouldn't say that I rested but I did not do Ashtanga.

I also had some problems with my wife regarding my yoga practice. I heard her describing our life at the moment to a friend. "He leaves in the morning before I wake up and gets home after I'm asleep, so what's the point in being married?" This got under my skin quite a bit. The before I wake up part is yoga, I'll admit that's true. But, the before I go to sleep part is not true now that I have finished my clinical hours and school is slowing down. I did have class every evening and WAS getting home late from classes every night. Now I'm only in class till 10 on Mondays and 11 on Thursdays and that's it! I admit it's not ideal, but it's better than it was and it's only going to get better as school draws to a close. Whatever the take on this, it was heavy in my mind as I went to bed and even heavier as I woke up to head to the Loft at 5 AM. I almost didn't go because I don't want to be the guy who's never around. I did manage to get up and hit my mat at 5:30 though my mind was unable to focus on anything but my wife for the entirety of the class.

Class went well, save my inability to focus. Matthew adjusted me in Marichyasana A to assist in getting my head closer to my shin. I managed to get into both sides of Marichyasana D without assistance! Which is just phenomenal! I ended with 3 Navasana before moving to my closing asanas and heading out of the loft right at 7:05.

I need to make it a point to discuss NYC with Matthew this week. I'd like to get any tips or pointers that he might have about the week. Only 4 days of practice until Guruji!

No comments: