Friday, May 06, 2005

Ashtanga 15 - Friday Led Primary

Well, practice was really good today. I worked my way through to (almost) Supta Kurmasana! Ok, I fudged here and there a little, and I wanted to fudge more but I also wanted to get home and see my wife before she went for a doctors appointment. Matthew left me to my own devices for the most part. He assisted with Marichyasana D on the left and then with Badha Podasana in my finishing. Next Friday I'm going to let my boss know that I'll be running late so that I can go through the full primary without stopping. I think that Matthew will let me go as far as I'd like (I could be wrong) but really, once I'm past Supta Kurmasana, there are not too many hicups. I'd just like to have the flow in my mind a bit more before I go "live" in NYC.

At 11:00 I went to Vinyasa with Liz here at CPWR. It was fun, but just doesn't have the same magick as my morning practice. I missed J9 as well. Liz' energy is great though, she really make me feel like I'm getting somewhere with my practice. Now, I know that it's just for me, but it's nice to hear praise. She gets sooo excited!

Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday is a moon day! Damn! Another two days off in a row. Maybe I'll try to post some more philosophical notes on my practice tomorrow and Sunday. I have to say that my body will probably benefit from the short break.

No comments: