Monday, March 01, 2010

The Fine Line Between Sharing & Casting Judgment

March 1, 2010, NoCo HQ, Detroit - I want to share something of an "official" statement here. Angela and I promote relocalization and the active dismantling of racism. Both request massive lifestyle changes and I'm sharing my exploration of these changes through this blog and all my work. Don't confuse my promotion and exploration of these things as my casting of judgment. I've lived many lifestyles, I know how it goes and I've proved myself human time and time again.

Though I'm very grateful for where I'm at, it would be ludicrous for someone as challenged by their choices as I to judge anyone else. We're all at different places on the path towards a just and sustainable world and, though it is not my desire to soften the message, these little status updates don't offer space for frequent and lengthy disclaimers that would keep everyone in their comfort zone. Maybe that's a good thing.

I look forward to open discussion about relocalization and race. An active discussion of exactly how we can share these things without creating more division should be one aspect of these discussions, but there's a great deal of work to do across the board.

In Health, Joy & Liberation,
Gregg Newsom

No comments: