Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Author Rick Fields wrote about the time a friend
called to recommend a workshop he'd signed up for. "You've got to
come," the friend said. "This seminar will completely change your life in
one brief weekend." Fields was skeptical. "I don't want to completely
change my life this weekend," he replied. "I've got a lot of things to do on
Monday." I urge you, Leo, to adopt a similar stance toward any big
educational experiences that promise to dislodge you from your routine.
APRIL FOOL! I lied. In fact, the astrological omens suggest you'll benefit
from responding to invitations that just might thoroughly upgrade your
world very quickly.

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Lots of sex: That's the Truth and the
Way for you right now, Sagittarius. It's the only sure method for
enhancing your intelligence, increasing your income, and bringing you
closer to your spiritual sources. I suggest you embark on a non-stop
immersion in erotic experiments, stopping only occasionally to sleep and
eat. APRIL FOOL! There's a crucial caveat to what I just said: Make sure
the sex is blended with dramatic doses of tenderness, love, and
compassion. Otherwise you'll be wasting your time.

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Rightwing politico William Kristol applauded
President Bush's decision to nix better health insurance coverage for kids.
"Whenever I hear anything described as a heartless assault on our
children, I tend to think it's a good idea," he told Fox News. "I'm happy
that the President's willing to do something bad for the kids." In the
coming week, Capricorn, you should adopt Kristol's attitude. APRIL FOOL!
It's true that the demands of innocent young things and sprouting naive
types might inconvenience you. But I urge you to do the opposite of what
Kristol advocates. It's in your long-term interests to be in eager service to
whatever's unripe and unspoiled and growing fast.

No comments: