Thursday, January 11, 2007

Healthy Tip: Heaven = Kombucha

As you know, I only endorse products that have really assisted me a great deal and kombucha is probably the most beneficial beverage I've found in my life. Rumour has it that this stuff is going to save these silly humans when the avian flu kicks in and that it is very beneficial in battling cancer. It's an detoxifier, immune system booster, intense pro-biotic and, though some people can't stand the taste, IMO it is quite tasty on its own. It is possible to get your hands on a culture and make your own kombucha drinks but getting it to taste good is a challenge. Due to this I have been buying a bottled version. Though it is a bit pricey ($3.39 a bottle), I've become a huge fan of GTs Kombucha. GT's comes in 13 different flavors that are all raw and organic. Good news for the little guy? It's on sale 2 for $5 at Whole Foods until January 16th.
Trivia from Wikipedia: "Chef Josef Desimone of Google makes Kombucha for Google employees. Almost 100 glasses of Kombucha are served every day at Google cafeterias."

No comments: