Saturday, October 21, 2006

New Moon, Go Tigers!

I think it is quite auspicious that the World Series is starting on the new moon. I'm excited for all the energy the games will bring to the city. You know, when I was in Mysore my Ayurvedic Astrologer / Superhero, Astro Homeo, told me that it would be beneficial to get into watching and playing sports. I cringed at first, then tried without fruit to get into football. But with Tigers in the playoffs and now the World Series I'm having a total change of heart. Yes, it's balanced me out quite a bit. I'm less "in the world but not of it" and living more by the creed of The Church of Wide-Eyed Awe. Between this attention to the major cultural meme of baseball and my reconnection to regular target practice I will overcome the potential "bunny fu fu" nature of being in the holistic healing community. There's also the fashonista side of the die as well. We're getting more and more diverse and as this happens more and more into and out of our skin.

So anyhow... Go Tigers!

Tonight we're going to party like it's 1923! We're having a 1920's themed party at a speakeasy on 4th Street and I'm quite excited. I'm so excited I might go as Dale from Chip 'n Dale. I love time travel!

No comments: