Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Funny Sad Or Funny HaHa?

That, dear readers, is yet to be seen. For the sake of history, in memory of the children that died at Waco, and to convey the fact that I know what I am about to do is utterly flawed, I humbly quote Oscar Wilde who said, "Everything popular is wrong."

So, what started out as a joke between J9 and me is about to manifest in your full view. Whether I am condemned to a horrible fate or not now resides in your hands. What I am about to unveil is one of the most questionable ventures I've undertaken. Moral, spiritual and even cultural warnings have been thrust before me, but even ancient sages cannot kick me from the path upon which I've been tossed. You see, I have fallen under the spell of two hot Italian men and all my yogic discipline, my adherence to non-materialism, and even my repulsion to popular culture have failed to rend their power over me. It is a turgid and sad state that defiantly brings a wink and a snicker. (If blame is to be laid, it's upon the locked head of Wayne Coyne!)

With all of that said, it is with great trepidation and perverse joy that I hereby announce the, (drum roll please)

Renegade Dolce & Gabbana Sunglass Fund Raiser!


OK, there, I did it.

So, my friends, if you can no longer bear to see me kept from these divine shades please visit the donation information on the sidebar of the main page. I know, I know, this is a strange strange thing I have done. Is this a joke? Is it a huge experiment in what one can get away with on the net? Is he really serious about wanting those shades when they look pretty questionable on him? What the hell does this have to do with Waco? In general, WTF?

Well, I'm not sure myself, but we create our own reality and interest and good old fashioned humor led me to throw this one down. Together we'll see what the universe comes back with. Godspeed and God's help to us all! ~Gregg

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to resist a cosmo-naut on their wayward journey home. As much as I can’t relate to the the fashionista industry, the whole thing has given me a good belly laugh…. SO with that said.. here you go… shine on!

~*

Anonymous said...

The 90s called and Bono wants his sunglasses back. ;-)

Anonymous said...

there should be a fund raiser to collect money to KEEP you away from those things. we could get you some therapy, or just lock you in a motel room until this madness passes...

Anonymous said...

I laughed until you said italian.

Anonymous said...

Funny HaHa.

If you consider permanantly grafting them on.

Hugs.

I too, am anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I love all the anonynous'!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if anyone wants to donate to my therapy just use the same donation link and leave the word "therapy" in the comments section. We aim to please everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Don Johnson called... and he wants his mojo back.

You really *could* model those. That being said, I wouldn't say you *should* purchase them, much less wear them out in public. At least in the big D. Of course, if people will fund the matching white mercedes ("it really isn't my color, but it goes well with my D&G's..."), and the pad in the hills surrounding LA, you *MIGHT* just be on to something.

Otherwise, consider the Wiley X military/tactical shades - they are much more practical at Burning Man.

And they are shrapnel proof.

And...well...

...they don't look like...
.
.
.
.. that.

pav said...

good heavens... fantastic! I think the shades suit you, especially considering you're on the renegade starship!