Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Thousand Suns

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One." ~The Bhagavad Gita

My first day back at work and oh my what a culture shock this is! I'm jet lagged and have "important" meetings beginning at noon. I still have a job though, I guess there is something to be said for that.

My missing luggage was delivered to the house last night so I was able to go through it and pull out a few fun things. I hooked up the pooja box this morning and, much to J9's dismay, got the chants going. The electronic Ganesh works as well. Very Cool.

I practiced this morning and did the entire primary under Matthew's eye. My energy is a little different here than it was in Mysore, but as stated above, I'm lagging hard. I suspect a week will balance everything out. The studio was a bit quite this morning but it was good to see the people who were there.

I have some hardcore soul searching to do in the next few days. I need to put a few things in motion and stop the motion on a few things already swinging.

I brought in the framed print of Vishnu reclining. I've put next to my monitor and it's quite entrancing. There is so much to be learned, even in the most simple expressions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, yes, many things to think about after being gone for a month. it's only been a little over a week and my head is swimming. miss you brother. see you when i get back.

oh, yeah. scott's wife Lisa practices Voudon. something kept waking me up one night so i asked her what was in the house. she had a little talk with it and it said it wanted me to see it. she asked why.

"He owns time"


ha.