Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Garbha Pindasana & Kukkutasana

"Illness is simply a lack of light" - Richard during last month's ceremony.

Last night, I succumbed to the viral thingy that J9 has had for over a week. I called the teachers I assist at Irene's and let them know I wasn't going to be in. I didn't want to get anyone else sick. Maybe I was being a bit selfish as well. I don't want to miss any of the other aspects of my week by pushing myself too much and creating an optimal environment for the virus to breed. So, I went straight home and crawled into bed, doing reiki and casting sigils for light on myself until I fell asleep. I woke up when the alarm went off at 5 feeling much better.

OK, so I was also a bit selfish because I didn't want to be sick and miss practice this morning. Yesterday as I was rolling up my mat Matthew came over and said "Garbha Pindasana tomorrow." I guess that I finally opened my back up enough with Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana. I was pretty hyped to be moving forward and didn't want to be sick and miss my opportunity. Hence my taking Richard's statement above quite literally and really flooding myself with light last night. Changing the darkness to light.

So, I woke and got an early start at the studio. Practice was smooth and standard. I'm still struggling with Bhujapindasana (Bandhas, bandhas bandhas!) and the vinyasa from Stupta Kurmasana, but they will come with practice. So Matthew came over to assist with Supta K and from there talked me into Garbha Pindasana. I tried to let go of everything I knew about the asana and listen to his words and his take on the process. I followed his instructions and found myself pretty well into it. I let him guide me through the "rolls" and then worked into Kukkutasana after a few attempts. I vinyasaed out and was tempted to jump into Baddha Konasana, but thought it might be disrespectful to make that move on my own. So I vinyasaed to standing, thanked Matthew and moved my mat to do the closing sequence. I'm still unable to bind my right hand to right foot in Baddha Padmasana btw. :(

All in all a great practice. The practice itself seemed to amplify the light as well and as I type the illness has subsided completely!

No comments: