Thursday, June 16, 2005

There Is No Time...

Aural Obsession of the moment:
SOPHIE RIMHEDEN, Hi-Fi Remixes (Swedish electro-pop brilliance!)

Though I stayed up late watching Morgan Spurlock's (Supersize Me) new show 30 Days, I woke at 5 and hit the mat at 5:30. It was a great practice at the loft this morning. I was more attentive of breath and bandhas than usual and this really fueled me. Time just disappeared and before I knew it I was already going into the Marichys. I literally "came to" in Janu Sirsasana A and was concerned that I had skipped an asana, but I hadn't I was just in The Zone.

I did have some trouble with balance in Uttihita Hasta Padangusthasana and Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana, but just smiled and breathed my way through them. I also noticed that I began to slow down in Virabhadrasana A and B and this reduced my pace for the rest of the series. No adjustments today, but that's cool. I was simply loving my practice. I had a rough time binding in my left Marichyasana D, but eventually managed it. I've been sweating like crazy since the weather has changed and notice that when I get my back straight and the breath going properly for the bind I begin to slide, even with a towel on my knee. I ended with Navasana and other than a weak Sirsasana B, closed well.

I did have a great experience in Savasana this morning as well. I felt as though layers were falling off of me. I'd relax my muscles, let go and then feel as tough a weight had been lifted. This would cause me to relax more and the same feeling would follow. This continued about 5 times and I simply melted into the mat after the 5th time. Brilliant!

Chicago tomorrow! We'll see where my practice finds me.

No comments: