Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ashtanga NY - 24

Argh my sinuses! I was in-between two people that didn’t seem to have much energy going and my physical blahs didn’t bring up the level at all. I fell out of the second side of Parivritta Trikonasana, which is really odd since I usually excel in that asana. I didn’t fall over or anything, just fell out of the pose and then recovered. Yes! Bhujapidasana is going to be the point where I end my practice upon my return to Detroit. I had a rough time with it today. I also really struggled with Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana. I did manage to roll up into Upavishta Konasana B, Ubhaya Padangusthasana and Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana. I held them up for the very long counts of Guruji. Trouble also reared its head again with Setu Bandhasana as I am unable to get my arms up and crossed without loosing my balance. I held Sirsasana B for 5 instead of 10 counts and didn’t try going back up as I did yesterday. I gave myself an extra long Savasana (though it is hard when you have 300 people talking and walking around you).

Post practice: I met Laura from Chicago who took my picture with Guruji and then proceeded to a café where Daniel Pinchbeck sat down next to me in the exact same manner her did at the playa last year.

This afternoon I am going to the oldest Hindu Temple in North America. Apparently they have a large Ganesh shrine. Though I hesitate I am also going to ground zero to see what that looks like.

No comments: